Cisco Nexus 3100-V series switches was announced in 2015.
Based on BCM56860 StrataXGS® Trident2+.
View datasheet for Nexus 3100-V
Quote from Cisco Nexus 3000 Series NX-OS Interfaces Configuration Guide, Release 9.2x:
The following two port modes are supported:
1) 48x10GBASE-T ports + 6x100G QSFP ports.
2) 48x10GBASE-T ports + 4x100G QSFP ports + 2x40G QSFP ports
The following features are specific to port mode-1:
• SFP+ Ports 1 through 8 always delivers at line-rate.
• SFP+ Ports 9 through 48 are always oversubscribed
- 2.16-Tbps switching capacity ( 2.56-Tbps for 3132Q-V )
- forwarding rate of up to 1.2 bpps ( up to 1.4 bpps for 3132Q-V )
- Line-rate traffic throughput (both Layer 2 and 3) on all ports
|Software package||Features supported|
|LAN Enterprise license (N3K-LAN1K9)*||● Layer 3 features, including full OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, and VXLAN|
|Cisco Nexus Data Broker license (NDB-FX-SWT-K9)||● License for using the TAP and SPAN aggregation functions with Cisco Nexus Data Broker|
|Cisco ONE Foundation for Networking|| ● Cisco ONE Foundation for Networking includes the following integrated products to help you deploy an architecturally flexible data center network|
● Cisco Enterprise Layer 3 Services (LAN)
● Cisco Prime™ Infrastructure, Cisco Prime Data Center Network Manager (DCNM), and Cisco Energy Management (JouleX)
● Cisco Intelligent Traffic Director**
● Cisco Remote Integrated Service Engine (RISE)**
* Cisco Nexus 3100-V switches require the N3K-LAN1K9 license for any L3 feature.
** Current SW does not support these features.