Extreme X670 series switches was announced in 2011.
Based on BCM56840 StrataXGS® Trident+. (BCM56843B1KFRBG for X670-48x)
Supports MPLS/VPLS/VPWS with MPLS pack license.
Have one in production ? Check this article about CPU protection.
- 960 Gbps switching capacity
- Forwarding rate of up to 714 Mpps
- Line-rate traffic throughput
Base license – Advanced Edge.
|Advanced Edge|| ● EAPS Advanced Edge (multiple physical rings) |
● ERPS-more domains (allows 32 rings with matching ring ports)
● ESRP-Virtual MAC
● OSPFv2-Edge (limited to max of 4 active interfaces)
● OSPFv3-Edge (limited to max of 4 active interfaces)
● PIM-SM-Edge (limited to max of 2 active interfaces) VRRP
|Core License|| ● EAPS “Full” (common links) |
● ERPS “Full” (multiple rings)
● PIM DM “Full”
● PIM SM “Full”
● PIM SSM “Full”
● OSPFv2 “Full” (not limited to 4 active interfaces)
● OSPFv3 “Full” (not limited to 4 active interfaces)
● BGP4 and MBGP (BGP4+) for IPv4
● BGP4 and MBGP (BGP4+) for IPv6
● IS-IS for IPv4
● IS-IS for IPv6
● Anycast RP Core
|MPLS Feature Pack (IPv4 only)||● MPLS, LDP, Static LSPs, OSPF-TE, MPLS label, EXP bit replacement and classification, RSVP-TE, VPLS / H-VPLS for VLANs, VPLS STP Redundancy, VPWS with ESRP redundant access, Fast Reroute (FRR), Support for PW counters, User Virtual Routers, L3VPN.|
|TRILL Feature Pack||● TRILL|