Juniper EX4500 series switches was announced in 2010.
Juniper does not disclose exact chip on which the switch is built. However, it was possible to determine by indirect data that this is the Marvell Prestera CX 8248/8234
You can read ASIC datasheet here.
View datasheet for EX4500
MPLS features on Juniper EX4500
- 960 Gbps switching capacity
- Forwarding rate of 714 mpps
Juniper EX4500 switches have lot of issues, here is a short list of most important:
- Issue with buffer lack – leading to drops when traffic flows from 10g to 1g ports.
- MAC hash – leads to MAC learning issues.
- Issues with bandwidth utilization – discards at 8-8.5 Gbps.
Article about packet buffer tuning on EX4500 can be found here.
|EX-48-AFL||Advanced feature license for IS-IS, BGP, and MPLS|